As fall turns to winter, families and friends come together and EAT! This holiday season, Northern Seitan Company is bringing you the Seiham, a seitan-ham alternative.
For the first recipe with our Seiham, we present Brown Sugar Glazed Seiham. This dinner main protein recipe is vegan, smells amazing, and tastes even better.
- Northern Seitan Company Seiham, thawed
- 2.5 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice (optional)
- Roasting Pan
- Food brush or baster
- Spatula or Ladle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine water, brown sugar, vegan butter, apple cider vinegar, and spices in a pot on the stovetop. Heat on medium-low and stir until sugar completely dissolves and mixture begins to bubble (~4-5 minutes)
- Reduce heat to low. Stir mixture occasionally until slightly reduced (~8-10 minutes)
- Use food brush or baster to evenly apply mixture to Seiham.
- Bake Seiham at 350 degrees for ~60 minutes. Check Seiham around 40 minutes, adding additional glaze if desired.
- Your Seiham is done when its internal temperature reaches ~145 degrees - the "safe" cooking temperature of Ham. Remember that all Northern Seitan Company products come ready to eat once thawed, so it is already safe to consume.